The Ram Boutique – Literary Journal
The Ram Boutique plans to start a new wave of academic, literary journals. A clever, articulate, sassy, avant-garde, aesthetically pleasing and eclectic combinations of words, art, and design, with opportunities to incorporate other artistic means (ex: fashion).
We make reading, thoughts, art and books sexy.
Our first volume is coming! If you are interested in having your work published in The Ram Boutique, please use the information below and do not hesitate to submit. With the special opportunity written out below we encourage you to take the chance to become a highlighted author in 2014!
Something for those New Year’s Resolutions perhaps?
– – –
Volume One: April 2015
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2014
Theme: “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” Plato
- Special Opportunity with River Ram Press: For our first volume, we will post submissions on our blog and website for each month in 2014. If your post is chosen, you will be heavily marketed by RRP for the full month, have your name remain on our official site / blog for the remainder of the year and your work will appear in the very first volume of our journal.Get your work in early for the opportunity to become a special highlighted author in 2014!
Volume Two: September 2015
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2015
Theme: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
– – –
Content for Journal
We are looking for the below content to be submitted to The Ram Boutique.
- Creative Pieces: Short Story, Poems, Flash Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction
- Academic Articles: Creative writing topics, Book reviews
- Visual Art: Photography, Sculpture, Painting / Drawing, Fashion, etc.
Please, include a cover page with your contact information. Ensure that your submission is double spaced, with page numbers and your last name on every page.
Word count for your submission pieces:
- Short Story: 1,500 to 2,500 words
- Poetry: 500 words
- Flash Fiction: 100 to 250 words
- Creative Non-Fiction: 1,500 – 2,500 words
- Academic Word Count: 2,500 words (not including references)
Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org